Objectives in detail:
1. to increase sustainability competences for employees in the field of Building Service Engineering and, associated with this, to increase awareness of sustainable action in general (appropriate, sustainable action at work, but also lifestyle and general behaviour).
2. to maximise the use and exploitation of the results of the work package through a simple and clear recording of sustainability competences in the field of Building Service Engineering.
3. to improve the transparency of sustainability competences in the field of building Service Engineering and to clarify the terms used in this context in a way that is understandable throughout Europe.
4. to make the best possible use of this system in connection with work package 2 for the description of interdisciplinary learning modules (see work package 5).
5. enhancing the sustainable competitiveness of the EU through the systematic development of sustainability competences in the field of Building Service Engineering.
What will be the main results of this work package?
1) Questionnaire for the empirical investigation of sustainability competence in the field of activity Building Service Engineering (Europe-wide). A second empirical survey will be conducted to record sustainability competence. Here, however, not only companies in the field of Building Service Engineering will be involved, but also trainees and teachers in the fields of electrical engineering, supply engineering and construction engineering as well as specialists from the broader field of building services engineering. Furthermore, ongoing European projects (Erasmus +), national initiatives (BBNE in Germany) and European framework documents are evaluated (GreenComp).
2) Evaluation and publication of the empirical study comming son here (May 2024)
3) Matrix on sustainable action competence in the field of Building Service Engineering including notes on the development and possible uses of the matrix. Based on objectives 1 and 2, the objective here is to systematically record the sustainability competences in a matrix. The matrix is oriented on the vertical level at least to the core work processes. The sustainability dimensions are described on the vertical level in order use them well for work package 5 and describe them in a way that is understandable throughout Europe. To this end, the competence dimensions developed in the BBNE experiment "acting in an appropriate and sustainable manner", "acting in a socially responsible manner" and "acting in a way that creates meaning and identity" should be taken into account, especially when describing the competence dimensions at the horizontal level.
4) A commented evaluation on the use of the project results of work package 3.